Don't forget to make this granola your own. Use whatever nuts or dried fruit you have around the house. You may also switch out the sweetener for brown sugar, sugar or agave nectar if you like. For a richer, granola you may use butter in place of coconut oil.
For a nutrient kick, add flaxseeds, chia seeds or even some dried milk for a protein boost.
- 3 Cups Old Fashioned Oats
- 1 Cup Macademia Nut, roughly chopped
- 1/2 Cup Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
- 1 Egg White, slightly beaten
- 1/2 Cup Honey
- 1/4 Cup Melted Coconut Oil
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cardamom
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Cup Crystallized Ginger, minced
Serves: 8-10 Cook Time: 35-40 min Prep Time: 5 min
DirectionsCombine all ingredients except crystallized ginger. Bake at 325 degree F for 40 minutes or until golden brown and dried out. Stirring every 15-20 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool. Then add crystallized ginger and stir to combine.